Karlovy Vary – Carlsbad
THINGS TO DO IN KARLOVY VARY
Things to Do in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
There are many things to do in Karlovy Vary for teens and kids, ages 10 – 19, throughout the year.
Where is Karlovy Vary?
Karlovy Vary, or Carlsbad in English, is located in the western Bohemia region of the Czech Republic. Just a short drive west of Prague, and north of Pilsen, it is located near the German border. The capital of the Karlovy Vary Region (Karlovarský kraj in Czech), Karlovy Vary is a renowned spa town on the banks of the Rivers Tepla and Ohre.
Home to an International Baccalaureate World School
Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic, is home to the Carlsbad International School.
Carlsbad International School (CIS) is a private day school, boarding school, and summer camp. It offers programs for boys and girls ages 14-18. CIS is an IB World School offering the IB Diploma Program.
What to Do in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic?
Carlsbad International School offers a variety of things to do in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic, for teens and kids.
1. Enroll in Carlsbad International School (Ages 14-18, August – June)
Students from many countries all over the world come to Karlovy Vary each year to study at Carlsbad International School. Students ages 14-16 study a Pre-Diploma Programme curriculum. Students ages 16-19 participate in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
Families interested in enrolling their child at Carlsbad International School are invited to apply year round. Placement is competitive and limited, but admissions are done on a rolling basis. All students who want to live and learn in an exciting, international environment are invited to apply.
2. Study Abroad at Carlsbad International School (Ages 14-18, Autumn, Winter, Spring)
A four year boarding school program for girls and boys may not be appropriate for every family. CIS offers a variety of study abroad programs in the Czech Republic. Study abroad students, ages 14-17, may choose to spend a Fall Term, Winter Term, or Spring Term.
Families interested in a study abroad program in Karlovy Vary are encouraged to contact the CIS admissions team for pricing and details.
3. Attend Carlsbad International Summer Camp (Ages 10-16, Summer)
Camp Carlsbad is one of the best things to do in Karlovy Vary for kids during the summer holiday. Camp Carlsbad is the official summer camp of the Carlsbad International School. It is a Karlovy Vary day camp and European sleepaway camp for kids, ages 10-16. Camp program choices include English Camp, Tennis Camp, Golf Camp, and Film Camp. Camp runs weekly each summer for five weeks, from the first week of July through the first week of August.
Are There Other Things to Do in Karlovy Vary for Students?
Of course there are many things to do in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic, for families and students, outside of Carlsbad International School. Families wondering what to do in Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic, should visit one of the fantastic tourism websites listed below. They contain more complete information on particular events and activities.
Things to Do in Karlovy Vary, CZ | What to Do in Karlovy Vary, CZ | Carlsbad International School
Recreation, Health And Activity Centers
There are numerous Recreation Centers in and near Karlovy Vary, with all sorts of different activities and services.
Hotels and resorts in the area offer a wide range of sports and activities, including saunas and pools, bowling, billiards, climbing, and many, many more.
In Karlovy Vary there are excellent golf courses, tennis clubs, bowling alleys and opportunities for shooting and paintballing, hiking and climbing, skiing and snowboarding, horse racing and other equestrian activities, canoeing and rafting, road and mountain biking, inline skating and many other adrenaline sports!
The KV Arena is the home of HC Energie Karlovy Vary, our local Ice Hockey team, and offers a public rink for those that want to skate. There is also a women’s Basketball team that uses the arena, and many music concerts are also held here.
Here are a few examples of the different types of recreational centre in the region, just focusing on swimming pools and related activities!
* The TRUFLEX Fitness Centre offers fitness, group and individual exercises (kickbox, box, bodybuilding). There is a whirlpool, sauna and solarium available.
* The Sportcentre Imperial offers tennis, fitness, group exercises (Pilates and Zumba etc), ricochet and a climbing wall. It is open every day, 0730 to 2100. Cost is approx. 12€ per visit, or 600€ for a 12 month membership, payable monthly.
* The Hotel Thermal has many wonderful activities on offer (bowling, sauna, fitness centre and wellness studio).
* The Elizabeth Spa Swimming Pool (The Spa V) complex includes a 25m indoor swimming pool, relaxation pool with the massage elements (water jets, air beds, underwater jets etc), children’s wading pool, whirlpool and sauna and steam rooms. The pool complex is open to the public every day 0730 to 2100. Cost is 2-7€ entrance. The Elizabeth Spa (also known as Alžbětiny lázně or Spa V) also offers a myriad of different massages, baths and other health treatments.
* The Rolava has a natural water reservoir (with a water slide) and offers a variety of interesting activities such as beach volleyball, giant chess/checkers/ludo, pedal boats, inline skating, a climbing wall etc. It is open 0900 to 1800 from June to September for swimming, and all year for many other activities. It is free to enter but some activities cost a few euros for an hour.